Book the Hall
Terms of Hire
Pill Social Centre: Conditions of Hire
Use of premises
1. The use of the premises during the period of hire shall be confined to the use or uses identified in the application form.
2. The hire of Pill Social Centre includes the use of the hall, the bar (where requested), the stage area, the use of all toilets, the entrance area, car park, meeting room (where requested a separate charge may apply), and the servery.
3. If use of the hall kitchen is required there is an additional charge to cover utility costs.
4. Crockery and cutlery may also be hired at a small charge.
5. Pill Social Centre will, as a general rule, close no later than 12.00am or the finish time as stated on the application form if earlier.
6. Hirers who wish to have an extension passed 12.00am must make this known on the application form; this will then be considered by the Pill Social Centre Community Association or a nominated subcommittee.
7. Music must, however, finish no later than 12.00am at all events.
8. Hirers may access the Centre with prior arrangement.
9. Hirers must leave within 15 minutes of the cessation of hire, if not complied with the hirer shall be liable to pay for any extra hire costs incurred and may also lose their deposit.
10. The Pill Social Centre Community Association reserves the right to refuse bookings.
11. The basic hire charge of the Pill Social Centre is £70.
12. The hire charge of the upstairs meeting room is from £7 a hour which includes use of the adjacent kitchen, and for the large hall it is from £10 an hour.
We can offer a party/wedding package, offering full day use of the hall, kitchen,crockery and cutlery, stage area, car park, bar, dressing rooms, tables and chairs, linen clothes and much more
13. The hire of the main kitchen, if required, has an additional £30 hire charge to cover utility costs.
14. Crockery and cutlery may also be hired at a small charge.
15. Acceptance of a booking will be given on receipt of a £30.00 non-refundable deposit.
16. An additional cash deposit of £20 will be required in the case of all bookings.
17. This deposit will be refunded if all conditions of hire are complied with.
18. Payment of £100 per private booking will be required in addvance as a holding deposit. This will not be banked and will be returned at the end of the function provided all terms have bee aheard to and no damage has occured.
19. Full payment must be made a minimum of 14 days in advance of the date of hire to include where relevant all the above charges.
20. Cancellations of bookings must be received by the Pill Social Centre Community Association not less than 14 days in advance of the date of hire.
21. In the event of cancellation the non-refundable £20 deposit (or the whole booking fee if notice of cancellation is received less than 14 days before the date of hire) will be forfeited.
22. Hirers are required to leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition, using the refuge bags provided which once used should be placed in front of the bar area.
23. Hirers are requested to replace chairs and tables and to close all windows and external doors on completion of the booking. Chairs should be stacked in piles of no more than 8.
24. Breakages must be reported to the Pill Social Centre Community Association within 24 hours of the incident.
25. Hirers must indemnify Pill Social Centre Community Association for any damage, however caused, arising during, or in respect of the period of hire.
26. Hirers using amplified music are required to keep the volume to an acceptable level to avoid causing nuisance to neighbours.
27. All amplified sound must cease by midnight and all exterior doors must be kept closed by 22.00.
28. Hirers are requested to keep all unnecessary noise down to a minimum when leaving the premises.
29. The Hirers shall indemnify the Pill Social Centre Community Association against:
1 All claims, demands, actions or proceedings and any loss, damage or injury which may be brought against or suffered by Pill Social Centre Community Association arising from or in consequence of the non-observance or non-performance of any of these conditions or any act, neglect, default or omission of the Hirer, his agents or servants: and
2 All claims, demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the death or injury howsoever and by whomsoever caused of or to any person which shall occur or arise from any accident or occurrence which shall happen while such person is on or upon any part of the premises or its environs during the period of hire or in respect of any loss or damage suffered or sustained by any person in consequence of any such death or injury.
30. Hirers' property is left at their own risk.
31. All vehicles (including their contents) are left at the owner's own risk.
32. Pill Social Centre Community Association is not liable for any loss or damage except in the case of negligence.
Expiration of Hire
33. Should the hirer or his/her agents, servants or licensees remain on the premises after the expiration of the period of hiring for any reason whatsoever, he/she will be liable to be charged for the subsequent hire session of the facility and for any other charges incurred.
34. The Hirer shall not assign the benefit he/she may have in the premises or sub-let any part of the premises.
Health and Safety
35. Pill Social Centre is a NO SMOKING BUILDING.
36. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to observe all regulations, rules and conditions of licensing that pertain to issues of health and safety.
37. The hirer shall not bring or permit any other person or agent to bring articles of an inflammable or explosive nature, which could cause damage or injury, onto the premises.
38. No additional cooking facilities may be brought into the building by the hirer or by any person on their behalf (unless with prior agreement of the Pill Social Centre Community Association).
39. All seats are to be arranged with sufficient gangways to afford proper means of exit and all passages and exits must be kept free from obstruction.
40. Caterers, contractors and persons employed by the hirer to supply refreshments will be required to observe all hygiene regulations and such other reasonable requirements of the Chief Environmental Health Officer.
41. Those in attendance during hire periods shall not exceed the numbers stated on the application form.
42. Any party requiering the sale of alcohol must have at least one (subject to the number of persons attending) registered door person in attendance during the whole event.
43. Where a hirer arranges their own door person(s) they must provide the Pill Social Centre Community Association with the appropriate form(s) of relevant qualification(s).
44. Door person(s) may be arranged by the Pill Social Centre Community Association with prior notice. This will involve an additional charge.
Sale of Alcohol
45. Hirers are reminded that, the licence to sell alcohol on the premises of the Pill Social Centre requires the purchaser to be 18 years of age or older. Proof of age will be asked if it is reasonably believed that the person attempting to purchase alcohol is under the age of 18.
46. Also, it is not permitted to purchase alcohol with the intent to supply a person under the age of 18.
47. All alcohol must be consumed on the premises.
48. No person is permitted to consume alcohol not purchased on the premises without prior agreement by the Pill Social Centre Community Association. A fee may be applicable.
Wall Hanging/Decorations, etc.
49. The hirer shall not attach to the walls and ceilings anywhere in the premises any decorations of a permanent or semi-permanent nature without the permission of the Pill Social Centre Community Association.
50. Public Entertainments Licence: The hirer must observe the conditions contained in the Public Entertainments Licence granted to Pill Social Centre insofar as they affect the hirer.
51. The hirer must obtain all other licences which may, by law, be required in connection with any entertainment or function.
Right of Entry
52. The right of entry to the premises is reserved to the Secretary or any agent of the Pill Social Centre Community Association at any time during the hiring.
53. Pill Social Centre Community Association also reserves the right to refuse admission or to ask any person to leave the premises without stating any reason therefore.
The Children Act
54. All hirers are to comply with the rules, regulations and conditions set out in the Children Act.
55. Pill Social Centre Community Association will only accept bookings for children's parties where there is a minimum ratio of one adult to ten children. Failure to abide by this will lead to termination of hire.
56. A children's party/event is defined as a party for under 16s
57. All children's parties must finish no later than 10.00pm.
Failure to Comply
58. Pill Social Centre Community Association reserves the right to terminate any lettings immediately in the event of the hirer failing to observe or perform any of the conditions or regulations herein contained and the Centre may retain the charges paid by the hirer.
Modification of Conditions
59. Pill Social Centre Community Association reserves the right to modify or vary any of the above conditions.